Read Chapter 1 for free (171k, PDF)
Start here if you know nothing about composites except that new Light Sport kit designs, Boeing, and Airbus are using the technology.
- Why composites are strong
- Composite materials and how they work
- Methods used in current Experimental designs
- Techniques used by kit manufacturers
- Simple tools and methods for the home shop
Read Chapter 1 for free (214k, PDF)
Practical techniques for building high performance composite structures in the home shop. Continues from the first book of the set, Understanding Aircraft Composite Construction.
- Learn to work with extemely stiff lightweight cored skins
- Vacuum-bagging techniques for the home shop
- Easy ways to make sheet molds
- Corners, folded joints, and assembly
- The book provides a 17-lesson self-teaching course